Involved about your WooCommerce retailer safety and loading velocity, or just need to faucet into Woocommerce’s newly launched block editor? These are the indicators that it’s essential carry out a WooCommerce replace. And for those who don’t know the place to start out but, you’ve come to the suitable place.
On this tutorial, we are going to present you three easy steps on methods to replace WordPress WooCommerce:
Step #1: Arrange Supply Cart and Goal Cart
Step #2: Configure the migration
Step #3: Carry out knowledge migration
What’s extra? Additionally, you will get our preparation guidelines and post-migration ideas for a risk-free and error-free expertise.
Let’s dive proper in!
WooCommerce Replace 101: What You Want To Know About
WooCommerce is an eCommerce WordPress plug-in constructed completely for WordPress web sites. Merely put, you put in the WooCommerce plug-in in your WordPress web site to add products to your retailer, handle orders, settle for buyer funds, and so forth.
By nature, WooCommerce is an open-source platform– this enables it to present you extra management over how your web site works and appears.
WooCommerce is a strong open-source eCommerce platform for WordPress
What’s new within the newest model of WooCommerce?
In September 2023, WooCommerce made an thrilling announcement by its changelog – WooCommerce 8.1. This newest model introduces a number of enhancements which can be promised to result in many optimistic impacts in your retailer.
From what we all know, listed here are the 4 key options of WooCommerce changelog:
- Recent WooCommerce Blocks Templates
- Introduction of recent banner designs
- Extra settings for the Mini-Cart
- Expanded picture dimension customization choices for the Product Picture block
WooCommerce replace strategies
|💡Similar to any technological software program for eCommerce, it is best to use the latest version of WordPress. It’s because the WordPress and WooCommerce groups always enhance their merchandise by fixing bugs, introducing new options, and so forth.
Upgrading your WooCommerce WordPress replace plugin means upgrading quite a few completely different components of your on-line retailer, such because the database, theme, plugins, and cost strategies.
More often than not, these updates might be accomplished with clicks. Nevertheless, with guide updates, you’ll possible encounter varied technical points, like issues with older plugins or themes not working appropriately with the brand new model. These may probably mess up your retailer’s database.
To not point out that updating WooCommerce manually could be a time-consuming process.
That’s why our recommendation is to decide on a dependable automated purchasing cart migration service like LitExtension. With their automated migration instrument, you’ll be able to replace your WooCommerce retailer in hours and not using a glitch and have free help from their migration skilled. (we are going to present you in additional element beneath)
What To Do Earlier than WooCommerce Replace?
Earlier than doing a WooCommerce replace, it is best to again up your present retailer database. This shall be of nice assist in case your retailer’s essential knowledge will get broken and even misplaced in the course of the updating course of.
Step #1. Backup the recordsdata of your on-line retailer
Firstly, it’s essential again up your WooCommerce web site recordsdata through FTP.
- Open FileZilla or any FTP software program > log in to your managed server.
- Navigate to Protocol, sort in “Host”, “User” and “Password” then click on “Connect”.
Login to your managed server for WooCommerce backups
- After a profitable connection together with your managed server, go to the folder the place your WordPress is put in. Herein, you’ll entry all of the recordsdata your WordPress utility makes use of.
- Choose these recordsdata you need to again up and click on on them. Then, right-click on the chosen recordsdata and select “Download”.
Again up your WooCommerce web site recordsdata
Afterward, it would take a couple of minutes to download all of your chosen recordsdata, relying on the scale of your WooCommerce retailer.
Step #2. Backup database of your on-line retailer through phpMyAdmin
After you will have backed up your WooCommerce web site’s recordsdata, to proceed, you’ll have to finalize the backup course of by backing up your retailer database through phpMyAdmin.
- To again up your WooCommerce web site database, it’s essential know its title. And the database title is within the file “wp-config.php”, which belongs to the checklist of all of the recordsdata of your WooCommerce web site. As soon as you discover it, right-click on the file and choose the “View/Edit” to see the file’s code.
Click on View/Edit
- Subsequent, log in to phpMyAdmin.
Log in to phpMyAdmin
- Seek for the database title within the filter.
Seek for your WooCommerce database title
- After you’ve discovered the database, click on on it and also you’ll be dropped at the desk view of the database > Click on on the Export tab from the navigation panel.
Click on export on the navigation menu
- Click on on the “Go” button to download the database file.
Click on Go
The best way to Replace WooCommerce Robotically?
After you will have backed up your WooCommerce retailer’s knowledge securely, let’s transfer on to the primary half– replace WooCommerce robotically with LitExtension’s automatic migration tool.
First, it’s essential sign up for a LitExtension account. Afterward, log in to your newly registered account, and click on Create New Migration.
Step #1: Arrange Supply Cart and Goal Cart
Select WooCommerce as your Supply Cart and fill in your WooCommerce retailer URL within the required area. Subsequent, download the LitExtension Connector and set up it with this information.
Select Woocommerce as Supply Cart
Upon getting efficiently put in the connector, a inexperienced mark “✅Connection was successfully installed” will seem beneath the supply cart URL.
Repeat the identical steps to arrange WooCommerce as your Goal Cart retailer. Download the Connector, extract the zip file, and add it to your WooCommerce goal retailer’s root folder.
Select Woocommerce as Goal Cart
Step #2: Select the entities you need to do in WooCommerce replace
After you will have arrange the supply cart and goal cart, the subsequent step is to select the entities you need to replace. With the LitExtension instrument, you’ll be able to replace all of your WooCommerce retailer’s essential knowledge like merchandise, clients, blogs, coupons, and so forth., or solely the entities you want.
Select the entities you need to replace
What’s unbelievable about LitExtension’s instrument is that they’ve further migration choices to assist elevate your migration instrument. For instance, listed here are the 2 choices that retailers typically decide after they replace their WooCommerce retailer with LitExtension:
- Buyer password migration to permit your clients to log in to their accounts with out the effort after the replace.
- search engine marketing migration that can assist you protect product classes and URLs so your search engine marketing effort received’t be negatively affected.
Extra migration choices
Step #3: Carry out WooCommerce replace
Afterward, we extremely advise you to attempt the free demo first to see how the LitExtension instrument works. In any other case, you’ll be able to tick “Skip Demo migration” to start out the total WooCommerce replace straight away.
WooCommerce replace working
After the migration is activated, it’s going to run seamlessly on the LitExtension server. So that you don’t must maintain your PC on.
As soon as the WooCommerce replace has been accomplished, you’ll get a notification through electronic mail. And that’s how simple it’s to do WooCommerce replace with LitExtension.
WooCommerce Replace’s Publish-Guidelines
Step #1. Migrate your current knowledge
In case you have a ‘busy’ WooCommerce retailer, excessive likelihood is that your WooCommerce web site nonetheless receives tons of current orders from new clients in the course of the replace course of.
Therefore, after the replace, we extremely suggest that you just leverage LitExtension’s Current Knowledge Migration service to switch newly arising entities to your newly-updated WooCommerce retailer, guaranteeing no lagging knowledge.
Step #2. Examine outcomes after migration
After you’ve completed updating all of your WooCommerce knowledge, bear in mind to go to your new WooCommerce retailer and confirm all of your retailer entities are precisely and correctly up to date. This contains product info, buyer, code, extensions, plug-ins, and so forth.
When you run into any points, simply contact LitExtension to allow them to assign a Buyer Success Supervisor who will give you free 1-on-1 help.
Step #3. Take a look at your WooCommerce retailer’s performance
Earlier than making your WooCommerce retailer stay, do cautious testing to make sure that your clients can browse your web site comfortably and make it simply to the thank-you web page after putting an order. From our expertise, listed here are what it’s essential completely take a look at:
- Responsiveness: Guarantee your WooCommerce retailer seems and works effectively on any system.
- Checkout course of: Do some order assessments to ensure that your clients received’t get caught at any level.
- Hyperlinks and navigation: Double-check all hyperlinks, buttons, and so forth., to make sure they direct clients to the suitable locations.
How To Replace WooCommerce Manually?
Earlier than scrolling any additional, please word that WooCommerce guide replace is a somewhat sophisticated course of that requires in depth technical know-how. That’s why we nonetheless recommend you save time by utilizing LitExtension’s migration instrument.
However in case you are useless set on updating WooCommerce by yourself, let’s go!
So if a brand new WooCommerce model is launched, you’ll discover the “Update” button proper subsequent to the WooCommerce plugin in your WordPress admin dashboard.
WooCommerce replace button
However be alerted that you shouldn’t improve instantly as it may well probably pose compatibility threats to your retailer. Therefore, to keep away from jeopardizing your retailer, make sure you take a look at the upgrades on the staging web site first after which improve on the stay web site.
Step #1: Arrange a staging web site
There are three strategies to arrange your WooCommerce staging web site:
- Use your internet hosting supplier: Some internet hosting suppliers, like Bluehost or SiteGround, supply staging environments. Nevertheless, this further possibility often comes with a better plan payment.
When you don’t need to pay further money in your internet hosting supplier or third-party plug-in, beneath is methods to create a guide staging web site in your WooCommerce retailer:
- Log in to your cPanel and choose the Subdomains possibility
Subdomain possibility in cPanel
- Kind in your Subdomain title
Be aware: It’s essential to not embrace the precise deal with of the primary area in your staging subdomain. In any other case, it’s going to find yourself being a listing inside your stay retailer.
- Click on Create to generate a subdomain
Create a subdomain in your staging web site
When you’ve arrange your staging web site, you’ll be able to entry and work together with it precisely the way you do together with your stay retailer.
Step #2: Replace the staging web site
Afterward, it’s important to carry out knowledge updates in your staging web site. Take into account that themes, cost strategies, and plugins sourced from third-party builders can’t be up to date by the same old course of. For compatibility and help concerning updates, it is best to attain out to the respective third-party builders.
#1. Replace theme
The first steps for manually upgrading your theme are as follows:
- Register to your WooCommerce.com account and download the newest model of your theme.
- Extract the contents, rename the folder, after which compress it again right into a ZIP file. It’s essential to change the folder’s title to keep away from errors, as there might already be a theme folder in your server with the identical title because the one in your ZIP file.
- Inside your web site, navigate to Look > Themes > Add New.
- Choose the Add choice to add the newly renamed ZIP file.
- Go to Look > Themes and click on on Activate.
When you’ve made customizations to your previous theme, you’ll have to reapply these modifications to the brand new one later.
#2. Replace cost strategies
WordPress supplies the pliability to regulate, embrace, deactivate, or refresh cost choices in your WooCommerce store. To make modifications to your present cost gateways, comply with these steps:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings within the WordPress menu column.
- Choose the Cost tab on the prime of the web page, which shows an inventory of accessible cost strategies.
- To change your cost strategies, click on the Handle button within the right-hand column.
#3. Replace plugins
On the WooCommerce admin dashboard, navigate to Extensions > WooCommerce.com Subscriptions.
Right here, it is best to link your WooCommerce.com account to your WooCommerce retailer by logging in to your WordPress account and granting permission for the connection.
Following that, you may be redirected to your WooCommerce.com Subscription tab, the place your account shall be robotically linked. Subsequently, one can find an inventory of merchandise you’ve acquired from WooCommerce.com.
WooCommerce.com Subscription tab
At this level, you’ll be able to handle your extensions by choosing from the next selections: activate, renew, or replace. If a brand new model is accessible, you’ll obtain an replace discover alongside an replace button for every extension.
Upon clicking this button, you may be directed to the subsequent replace web page. Right here, you’ll be able to replace all extensions with new releases out there by clicking “Select All.”
#4. Replace database
The database is answerable for storing your merchandise, orders, posts, and pages. Updating the WooCommerce database on the staging web site entails two major steps:
- Firstly, it’s essential create a brand new database.
- Secondly, you should add the beforehand saved database into the newly created one.
#1. Backup database
To switch your stay web site’s database to the staging web site, it is best to begin by exporting your database right into a file. Moreover, making a backup ensures that you may revert to the earlier model if the improve encounters any points.
Making a database backup is a fast course of. Merely go to Instruments > Export to export your web site contents, encompassing pages, merchandise, variations, orders, refunds, coupons, and media, all saved in an XML file.
#2. Add database to staging web site
To add the database backup to the staging web site, you’ll have to make the most of FileZilla, a free software program for transferring recordsdata over the web. After downloading and establishing FileZilla, open it and supply your credentials. Then, set up a connection.
Navigate to Distant web site > public_html > staging. You’ll discover that the backup folder you downloaded is displayed in your native pc. Choose it, right-click, and select Add. Now your backup folder is inside your staging folder.
Add the WordPress recordsdata into the newly created one
#3. Create a brand new database in your staging web site
Subsequent, it’s essential create a brand new database for the staging web site. Log in to your internet hosting account and discover Databases > MySQL Databases > Create New Database.
Create a brand new database
Subsequent, create a MySQL person for this database by scrolling down on the identical web page and establishing a brand new person.
Now, it is best to add the beforehand saved database into this recent database. Entry phpMyAdmin by the internet hosting dashboard to finish this step.
Choose the newly created database, then click on the “Import” possibility to make sure you’re importing the right database. Proceed to import the database out of your pc.
Select a not too long ago established database and hit the “Import” button
On this step, you’ll want to regulate the wp-config file to determine a connection between the database and the staging web site.
Utilizing FileZilla, navigate to Distant web site > public_html > staging > wp-config.php. Proper-click on the file and select Edit. Contained in the file, you’ll discover details about your earlier database (or your stay web site’s database). Change this info with the main points of the brand new database title, username, and password.
After making these modifications, don’t neglect to save lots of the file.
Modify the wp-config file
The web site’s URL shall be displayed as follows: staging.yourwebsitename.com. You need to use the identical login credentials as these in your stay web site.
Step #3: Take a look at your staging web site
The subsequent step is testing the up to date knowledge in your staging web site to make sure compatibility. Along with compatibility, it’s crucial to look at different elements, similar to loading velocity, stability, and responsiveness.
To realize this, it’s important to assess each the back-end and front-end of your retailer.
#1. Examine retailer back-end
- Affirm the absence of any remaining outdated gadgets in your back-end.
- Take a look at the updating of non-public info.
- Experiment with including and eradicating merchandise in your retailer.
#2. Examine retailer front-end
- Discover important pages, together with class pages, particular person class pages, single product pages, and so forth.
- Confirm the performance of the search system.
- Try to make a purchase order.
- Conduct searches for particular merchandise, orders, and clients.
- Consider the effectiveness of your WooCommerce checkout course of.
Step #4: Push the location to stay
Earlier than deploying the staging web site, it’s vital to modify your stay retailer to upkeep mode. Whereas this may increasingly end in momentary retailer downtime, it ensures no new orders are missed throughout this part. As soon as accomplished, don’t neglect to disable upkeep mode.
And that’s methods to manually replace your Woocommerce retailer.
WooCommerce Replace – FAQs
The best way to replace WooCommerce manually?
To replace to the WooCommerce present model, comply with these 5 steps:
- Download the newest model of WooCommerce from the WordPress.org plugin listing.
- Deactivate and delete the WooCommerce plugin out of your WordPress web site.
- Add the brand new WooCommerce plugin zip file to your WordPress web site and set up it.
- Activate the WooCommerce plugin.
- Replace the WooCommerce database.
How typically does WooCommerce replace?
WooCommerce releases new updates frequently, sometimes each few weeks. If you wish to get your self up to date, you’ll be able to take a look at the official WooCommerce news.
Ought to I replace WordPress or WooCommerce first?
It’s typically advisable to replace WordPress earlier than updating WooCommerce. It’s because WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin.
Therefore, updating WordPress first may also help to make sure that WooCommerce is appropriate with the newest WordPress model while you improve WooCommerce.
What’s my WooCommerce model?
To verify your WooCommerce model, go to Dashboard > Plugins in your WordPress admin panel. The WooCommerce model you might be utilizing shall be listed beneath the plugin title.
Last Ideas On WooCommerce Replace
All in all, if you wish to enhance your WooCommerce retailer’s safety and efficiency, and faucet into the newest WooCommerce options, be sure to do WooCommerce replace. And we hope after studying this text, you’ll know methods to do WooCommerce updates correctly whichever methodology you select.
Fascinating Associated Article: “Composable Commerce: The Future Of eCommerce“
Hashtags: #3Step #Information #Screenshots